Banana Cream Pie
This Banana Cream Pie recipe comes together quickly and is one of our family favorites. You can use a prepared crust to make it even quicker but this crust recipe is hands down the best!
- 5 ounces gluten-free arrowroot cookies (about 50 cookies)
- 2 tablespoons Domino sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted Land O Lakes butter, melted
- Pam Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 1/2 tablespoons Argo cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups low-fat milk
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon banana extract
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 ripe bananas, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 1/2 cups frozen fat-free whipped topping, thawed
- 1 tablespoon almond brickle chips (such as Heath)
Adapted from tasteerecipe.com
Preheat oven to 350°F.
To prepare crust, place cookies and 2 tablespoons sugar in a food processor; process until finely ground. Add 1/4 cup melted butter; process until blended and moist. Press into bottom and up sides of a 9-inch pie plate coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350°F for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely on a wire rack.
To prepare filling, combine 1/2 cup sugar, cornstarch, and salt in a heavy saucepan over medium heat, stirring to combine. Add milk and egg yolks, stirring with a whisk. Cook 6 minutes or until mixture starts to boil and begins to thicken, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Stir in extracts and 2 tablespoons butter. Place pan in a bowl of ice to cool.
Arrange half of banana slices in a single layer over crust; top with half of filling mixture. Repeat layers. Cover surface of filling with plastic wrap coated with cooking spray. Chill at least 3 hours. Uncover, and spread whipped topping over filling. Sprinkle with brickle chips.
You'll also love
- Brown-Butter Shrimp 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Spinach Artichoke Pasta Salad 4.3/5 (14 Votes)
- Mixed Berry Tartlets 4.3/5 (14 Votes)
- Banana Cheesecake Pot Stickers 4.3/5 (14 Votes)
- 1-Hour Cinnamon Rolls 4.3/5 (14 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Bread Pudding with... 4.3/5 (14 Votes)
- Guilt-Free German Chocolate Cake 4.2/5 (23 Votes)
- Cranberry Almond Pound Cake 4.3/5 (15 Votes)