Sweet Potato Salad
- 1 1/2 lb sweet potatoes
- 3 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 c chopped red onion
- 1/4 c coarsely chopped pecans toasted
- 3 tbsp chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 c crumbled blue cheese or feta
Peel sweet potatoes and cut into 1" chunks. Place in a pot and add enough cold salted water to cover. Bring to a boil then cover and simmer gently until potatoes are just tender, 3-5 minutes. Do not overcook.Alternately, wash sweet potatoes but don,t peel. Prick each potato several times and then place on paper towel in microwave. Microwave on medium high 5 minutes then turn potatoes over and continue to microwave on medium high for 3-7 minutes. They should be tender but not mushy. Peel and cut into 1" chucks and proceed.
Drain well, place in a bowl and toss with 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar. once cool, stir in red onion, pecans and parsley.
Whisk remaining vinegar with oil, salt and cayenne. Toss with potatoes then sprinkle with cheese and gently toss again.
You'll also love
- Cube steak over egg noodles 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cranberry Crispies Cookies 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sauteed corn, bacon, and scallions 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Roast Beef Tenderloin with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Ham, Peas and Potato Casserole 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Al's Mom's Sweet Potato Poon 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Baby- Sweet Potato (Yam) Puree 0/5 (0 Votes)