Cheesy Jalapeño Popper Monkey Bread
Don’t have a cast-iron skillet? Bake in a 9- or 8-inch glass baking dish 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown and no longer doughy in center.
A pizza cutter works great to cut the dough into pieces super-fast!
- 2 cans (8 oz each) Pillsbury® refrigerated crescent dinner rolls or 2 cans (8 oz each) Pillsbury® Crescent Recipe Creations® refrigerated seamless dough sheet
- 3/4 cup canned sliced jalapeño chiles, drained
- 2 packages (3 oz each) cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/3 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (4 oz)
Heat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray 10-inch cast-iron skillet with cooking spray. Unroll each can of dough into 1 large rectangle; if using crescent roll dough, press perforations to seal. Cut each rectangle into 8 rows by 3 rows, to make 24 pieces per rectangle (48 pieces of dough total).
Place chile slice on center of dough piece; top with about 1/2 teaspoon cream cheese. Pull corners up, and pinch to seal; roll into a ball. Holding seam side down, brush top and sides with butter. Roll in cornmeal, and place seam side down in pan. Repeat with remaining dough. Drizzle remaining butter on top.
Bake 23 to 27 minutes or until golden brown and no longer doughy in center. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 3 to 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Cool 1 minute. Serve warm.