John Wayne Casserole
This John Wayne Casserole will be a hit with your family! Super cheesy and so filling! Add this to your weekly meal planning.
- 2 pounds ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 4 ounces sour cream
- 4 ounces mayonnaise
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cups biscuit mix
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (4-ounce) can sliced jalapeno peppers
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 60mins
Brown ground beef, drain, and add taco seasoning and water, according to packet instructions).
In a separate bowl, combine sour cream, mayo, and 4 ounces of cheddar cheese, half the bell pepper and onions, and set aside.
Stir biscuit mix and water, per directions on box to form a soft dough. Press dough into the bottom and one half inch of the sides of an 11 x 7 inch casserole dish.
Sauté the remaining onions and bell peppers until slightly tender. On top of the biscuit mix, layer the ingredients in the following order: ground beef, tomatoes, onion, bell pepper, jalapeños, sour cream mixture, and end with remaining shredded cheese on top.
Bake at 325°F for 30 to 40 minutes or until the edges of the dough are slightly browned.
You'll also love
- Cranberry Orange Cream Cheese... 4.3/5 (82 Votes)
- Hasselback Sweet Potatoes 4.5/5 (60 Votes)
- Old-World Manicotti 4.6/5 (54 Votes)
- Bacon Cheeseburger Calzones 4.6/5 (55 Votes)
- Bacon-Wrapped Li’l Smokies in a... 4.5/5 (63 Votes)
- Stuffed French Bread Sandwich 4.2/5 (104 Votes)
- Easy Taco Casserole 4.3/5 (82 Votes)