Shrimp Linguine Bake with Mozzarella Cheese
Shrimp are sautéed with garlic, basil, peas, wine and tomatoes, then poured over prepared linguine and topped with mozzarella cheese and baked. You can prepare this ahead of time and just heat in the oven.
- 8 ounces linguine or spaghetti
- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds medium to large shrimp
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried leaf basil
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 to 3 tablespoons white wine or sherry, optional
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 6 to 8 ounces linguine, cooked and drained
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese, optional
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from southernfood.about.com
Fill a large saucepan with about 2 quarts of water. Add about 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt and place the pan over high heat. Bring the water to a boil and add the pasta. Cook the pasta following the package directions for al dente pasta.
Peel and devein the shrimp.* In a small bowl, toss shrimp with garlic and basil. Refrigerate while linguine is cooking.
Cook linguine in boiling salted water following the package directions.
Spray a 1 1/2-quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Spoon half the tomatoes into the baking dish; top with linguine.
Heat oven to 350°F.
In the same pot that you cooked the linguine in or a skillet, melt butter with olive oil over medium heat. Add sliced green onions; cook for 1 minute. Add shrimp mixture, peas, wine, salt and pepper and the remaining tomatoes; cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
Pour the shrimp mixture over linguine in the baking dish then top with the mozzarella cheese.
Bake for 20 minutes.
Serve with freshly grated Parmesan cheese, if desired.
*Peel the shrimp and run the tip of a small, sharp knife down the back of the shrimp. Pull the dark vein out or scrape it out with the tip of the knife.
You'll also love
- Lemon Garlic Chicken 4/5 (9 Votes)
- SLOW COOKER GREEK POTATOES 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Shrimp & Veggie Rolls 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Hearty Tortellini Soup 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Scalloped Potatoes - 5* 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Slow Cooker-Pasta e Fagioli Soup 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Paleo Spicy Grilled Shrimp Wraps 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Fettuccine Alfredo 4.4/5 (8 Votes)