Garlic and Oil Spaghetti
- 2 slices day old White Bread, torn into pieces
- 6 T. Olive Oil (divided)
- 6 Garlic Cloves, (minced)
- 3/4 t. Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 T. Salt
- 1 16 oz. box of Spaghetti
- 1/2 C. Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 C. Fresh Parsley (chopped)
1. Bring 4 qt. Water to a boil in a large pot. Meanwhile, process Bread in the food processor until coarsely ground. Heat 2 T. Oil in large skillet over medium high-heat. Add Bread Crumbs and cook, stirring occasionally, until light and golden, about three minutes. Add half of Garlic and 1/4 t. Red Pepper Flakes and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Transfer to bowl and then season with salt.
2. Wipe out skillet and add remaining 4 T. Oil, remaining half of Garlic and remaining 1/2 t. Red Pepper Flakes. (In this step be careful not to let the Garlic get too brown or it will become bitter. Better to under cook than to over cook.) Cook over medium-low heat until Garlic is just golden, 1 to 3 minutes. Remove pan from heat.
3. Your Boiling Water should be ready by now, add to the Boiling Water 1 T. Salt and Box of Spaghetti, cook until al dente (or not quite done). Reserve 1/4 C. cooking water, drain pasta, and return to pot with the reserved cooking water. Stir in Oil Mixture, Parmesan, and Parsley. Season with salt and sprinkle with Bread Crumbs. Serve.