Crock Pot Queso Blanco Dip
Prep Time:5 Min Cook Time:1 Hr
Keep in mind that you are making this for a group, do not make the mix hot or you will only have a couple of people eating it.
- 1 (8 ounce) block regular cream cheese, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 pound white american cheese, cut into 1/2 inch cubes (found in deli)
- 1/2 lbs Monterrey Jack cheese, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 Tablespoon salted butter
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1/2 Tablespoon jalapenos, minced fine (optional)
- 3-4 Tablespoons milk
- 2 Tablespoons cilantro, chopped fine (optional)
- 1/2 cup salsa (your favorite - NOT HOT)
- Tortilla Chips, for serving
Adapted from life-in-the-lofthouse.com
1 Combine the cream cheese, american cheese, Monterrey Jack cheese, butter, green chilies, salsa, and jalapenos in a greased crock pot. Cover and cook on low heat for 1 hour. Stir the mixture until well combined and then add a Tablespoon of milk at a time until you reach the desired consistency. Cook for another 15-20 minutes, or until the cheese is completely melted and combined.
Keep cheese dip in crock pot on the warm setting until ready to serve.
*Leftover cheese dip can be stored in an air tight container in fridge up to 1 day.
To reheat: place in microwave-safe dish and heat in 30 second increments until melted. You can add a little milk if needed.