Slow Cooker Taco Meat
This recipe may be doubled or tripled if you have a larger slow cooker.
- 1 lb of ground beef (I use a LEAN ground beef in this- 90/10- so there is no grease that needs to be drained off.)
- 1 envelope of taco seasoning OR enough homemade taco seasoning for 1 pound of ground meat
- 1 10 oz can of tomatoes & green chiles (like Rotel)
Preparation time 2mins
Cooking time 362mins
Adapted from thefrugalfoodiemama.com
1. Place all 3 ingredients in your Crock Pot, mix, and cook on Low for 5-6 hours.
2. If you can, stir every couple of hours to break up the ground beef. But if you are not home, you can just break up the meat into smaller chunks right before serving.
3. Serve with your favorite taco shells/tortillas and your favorite taco toppings.