Yum! Fresh Italian hoagies with thin slices of rib-eye steak, cheese sauce made with a blend of cheddar, jack and chive whipped cream cheese topped with jalapenos and pickled sweet peppers. Now that's a sandwich!
- 2 cups cheddar and Jack cheese blend, shredded
- 8 ounces onion and chive-flavored whipped cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon hot Hungarian paprika
- 8 to 10 ounces beer
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (12- to 16-ounce) boneless rib-eye, slightly frozen, then very thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Italian heroes, split lengthwise but not in half
- Mayonnaise, for spreading
- Ketchup, for spreading
- Pickled jalapenos, for topping
- Pickled sweet peppers, for topping
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 25mins
Adapted from foodnetwork.com
In a sauce pot on medium heat, add the shredded cheese, cream cheese, paprika, 8 ounces of the beer, a pinch of salt and a few grinds of pepper. Cook, stirring, until melted. Keep warm, adding beer to loosen if needed.
On a griddle on high heat, add the beef and as it is cooking, sprinkle with the seasoning salt and black pepper. Cook quickly on high while flipping and allowing all sides to have contact with the griddle, for just a few minutes. Remove to a plate and cover lightly with aluminum foil.
On the inside of one side of each hero, add mayonnaise. On the other side, spread some ketchup. Add the beef, jalapenos, sweet peppers and cheese sauce. Close it up and go to town!