Lemony Lemon Brownies
Lemony lemon brownies are the perfect, refreshing treat for summertime. Moist and fluffy, this is the perfect dessert for barbecues and outdoor parties.
- TART LEMON GLAZE:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup flour
- 2 eggs, large
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 8 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 cup powdered sugar
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 35mins
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Grease an 8×8 inch baking dish with butter and set aside.
Zest and juice two lemons and set aside.
In the bowl of an electric mixture fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the flour, sugar, salt, and softened butter until combined.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, lemon zest, and lemon juice until combined.
Pour it into the flour mixture and beat for 2 minutes at medium speed until smooth and creamy.
Pour into baking dish and bake for 23 to 25 minutes, should turn golden around the edges.
Allow to cool completely before glazing. Do not overbake, or the bars will dry.
Filter the powdered sugar and whisk with lemon zest and juice.
Spread half the glaze over the brownies with a rubber spatula and let glaze set.
Spread half the glaze over the bars, and let it set (not harden like most).
Cut into bars and serve.
You'll also love
- Apple Pie Bread 4.5/5 (166 Votes)
- Loaded Potato & Buffalo Chicken... 4.5/5 (167 Votes)
- Cilantro Lime Salad Dressing 4.5/5 (165 Votes)
- Chicken Dumpling Casserole 4.4/5 (179 Votes)
- Mediterranean Lemon Chicken 4.4/5 (172 Votes)
- Chocolate Peanut Butter No Bake... 4.4/5 (167 Votes)
- Edible Glitter! 4.5/5 (159 Votes)
- Fruit Pizza 4.5/5 (161 Votes)