Lemony Lemon Brownies
Lemony lemon brownies are the perfect, refreshing treat for summertime. Moist and fluffy, this is the perfect dessert for barbecues and outdoor parties.
- TART LEMON GLAZE:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup flour
- 2 eggs, large
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 8 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 cup powdered sugar
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 35mins
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Grease an 8×8 inch baking dish with butter and set aside.
Zest and juice two lemons and set aside.
In the bowl of an electric mixture fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the flour, sugar, salt, and softened butter until combined.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, lemon zest, and lemon juice until combined.
Pour it into the flour mixture and beat for 2 minutes at medium speed until smooth and creamy.
Pour into baking dish and bake for 23 to 25 minutes, should turn golden around the edges.
Allow to cool completely before glazing. Do not overbake, or the bars will dry.
Filter the powdered sugar and whisk with lemon zest and juice.
Spread half the glaze over the brownies with a rubber spatula and let glaze set.
Spread half the glaze over the bars, and let it set (not harden like most).
Cut into bars and serve.
You'll also love
- Lemon Ginger Avo Mayo 4.5/5 (153 Votes)
- Veggie Club Sandwich and Zucchini... 4.5/5 (152 Votes)
- Lemon Pound Cake 4.5/5 (155 Votes)
- Crockpot Chicken & Dumplings 4.5/5 (166 Votes)
- Crockpot Italian Chicken 4.4/5 (157 Votes)
- Texas Sheetcake aka The Pioneer... 4.4/5 (179 Votes)
- New York Cheesecake 4.5/5 (145 Votes)
- Fruit Pizza 4.5/5 (148 Votes)