Red Velvet Sugar Cookies
Red velvet cookies with a white chocolate and peanut butter center. Can you feel the love!?
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar, plus extra for rolling
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon red gel food coloring
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon fine salt
- 6 white chocolate peanut butter hearts (like Reese's)
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 21mins
Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a small baking sheet with parchment paper (or use a silicone mat).
Stir together the melted butter, sugar, egg yolk, vanilla extract and red food coloring. Stir very well to combine.
Next, sprinkle the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt evenly over the dough, and stir just to combine.
Press the dough flat and evenly in the bowl, and then divide it in half by eye. You should get 3 cookies from each half.
Roll each dough ball in your hands, roll lightly in extra granulated sugar, and then space evenly on the prepared baking sheet.
Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until they spread, start to crackle and appear dry on top.
Let the cookies rest on the baking sheet for 2 minutes before moving them to a wire rack to cool completely.
After the cookies have cooled for 10 minutes, press a white chocolate heart into the center of each cookie. Move the cookies to the fridge (so the hearts don't melt too much) to set for 30 minutes.
Bring to room temperature before serving
You'll also love
- Corn Spoon Bread 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Milk Chocolate Mini Cookies 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Gluten-Free Cauliflower Pizza Crust 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Pumpkin Cheesecake with Salted... 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Witches' Brooms 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter... 4.5/5 (16 Votes)
- Strawberry Cake Mix Donuts 4.2/5 (22 Votes)