Apple Cookie Cobbler
Tart apples are tossed in cinnamon sugar before being baked and finished off with a crumbly cookie topping. Serve warm with ice cream and enjoy!
- 8 cooking apples, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced (see Note)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 (7.5-ounce) package coarsely crushed chocolate caramel coconut cookies (15 cookies)
- Ice cream
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 65mins
Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Lay apple slices in baking dish.
In a small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over apples, tossing gently to coat.
In a medium bowl, combine brown sugar and flour; cut in butter with pastry blender until mixture is crumbly. Stir in cookies. Sprinkle evenly over apple mixture.
Bake 45 minutes. Serve warm with ice cream.
Cooking apples work best in pies and cobblers like this. Pick from the following varieties at the market produce counter: Granny Smith, McIntosh, Rome Beauty, Stayman, Winesap, or York Imperial.
You'll also love
- Healthy Paleo Fudge 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Upside Down Cheesecake Apple Pie 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Skillet Pork Chops with Apples &... 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Zucchini & Olive Oil Cake 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- 30-Minute Kale, White Bean &... 4.7/5 (13 Votes)
- Jack Frost Martini 4.7/5 (13 Votes)
- Green Apple Cobbler 4.5/5 (24 Votes)
- Italian Ricotta Cookies 4.4/5 (34 Votes)