"Kiss Me" Red Velvet Brownies
Show your love with these decadent cream cheese frosted red velvet brownies for Valentine's day. Your sweetheart will be so very happy you did. Happy Valentine's day!
- CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
- 2 1/4 sticks unsalted butter, cut into chunks
- 3 1/2 cups Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Chips
- 5 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup and 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons red food coloring
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons Ghirardelli unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- 1 teaspoon heavy cream or milk for creamier frosting, optional
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 65mins
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Line a 9x13-inch baking pan with heavy-duty foil and very lightly grease the foil with vegetable shortening, like crisco.
In a small saucepan, melt the butter over your lowest setting, then add the milk chocolate chips stirring constantly with a small whisk until melted and smooth. Turn off heat and let set.
In a large mixing bowl, add the eggs into the bowl and lightly whisk.
In another bowl, add in the sugars and salt and whisk together. Whisk in the melted chocolate into the sugar mixture, then gradually whisk in the melted chocolate until just combined. Briefly whisk in the vanilla and red food coloring.
In another bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder and cocoa powder together and sift into the chocolate mixture. Stir with a silicone spatula and pour and spread out evenly into your prepared baking pan.
Bake 40 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean and transfer pan to cooling rack and let cool for 15 minutes.
Refrigerate, covered until cooled to frost.
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
Place cream cheese, butter and salt in small mixing bowl. Using a mixer, beat on medium high until well combined.
Add vanilla and mix.
Add confectioners sugar and mix until smooth and creamy.
Frost and add a Dove Candy Chocolate Heart in the center of each piece and add sprinkles.
Place back in fridge until ready and let them come to room temperature about 30 minutes before serving. Can be stored up to 2 weeks.
Makes 12 large or 24 smaller brownies for 9x13-inch pan.
You'll also love
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (812 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Jalapeno Popper Spread 4.5/5 (674 Votes)
- Butternut Squash, Ricotta &... 4.5/5 (489 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (488 Votes)
- Snickerdoodle Bread 4.5/5 (449 Votes)
- Impossible Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes 4.5/5 (398 Votes)
- Christmas Pecan Balls 4.6/5 (311 Votes)