Chocolate Covered Strawberry Footballs
These are so cute! The perfect treat for game day, chocolate covered strawberries that look like little footballs!
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, washed and dried
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup white candy melts, or white chocolate chips
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 25mins
Adapted from ehow.com
Melt the dark chocolate, this can be done in the top of a double boiler over gently simmering water or in the microwave. To melt chocolate in the microwave, add chips to a microwave safe bowl, microwave for 30 seconds, stir and repeat until melted. Add to a small, deep bowl. A coffee cup works well.
Make sure the strawberries are clean and completely dry. Grab by the leaves and gently dip into the melted chocolate, allowing excess to drip off, back into the chocolate bowl.
Place the dipped strawberries on a sheet of wax or parchment paper, allow to sit until the chocolate has cooled and hardened. About 10 minutes.
Melt the white candy according to package directions, and then add to a piping bag. Take care not to over-cook the white candy -- it can easily seize or burn.
Just add the melted candy to a large Ziplock bag, cut a very small section of the bottom corner off and you have yourself a make-shift piping bag!
Allow the white candy to cool slightly to allow it pipe on without sliding off. Gently pipe a line down the length of the strawberry from leaves to tip.
Draw small horizontal lines across the long line to resemble football laces. Allow to cool.
Chill until ready to serve, do not make more than 24 hours prior to serving.
You'll also love
- No-Bake Chocolate Ganache Tart 4.6/5 (10 Votes)
- Frozen Champagne Cream in... 4.6/5 (10 Votes)
- Lemon-Blueberry Fluff 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Amish Onion Patties 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Goat Cheese, Cranberry & Walnut... 4.6/5 (10 Votes)
- Strawberry Rhubarb Sorbet 4.5/5 (18 Votes)
- Jalapeño, Crab, & Corn Dip 4.6/5 (8 Votes)
- Strawberry Rhubarb Layer Cake 4.6/5 (10 Votes)