Strawberry-Lemon Cream Tart
- 1/2 cup chilled whipping cream
- 1/3 cup prepared lemon curd
- 1/2 package frozen puff pastry sheets - (17 1/4-oz pkg), thawed according
- to package directions
- 1 egg mixed with
- 1 tablespoon water for (glaze
- Sugar, as needed
- 1 basket strawberries hulled, and halved through stem end
Whip cream to stiff peaks. Place lemon curd in medium bowl. Stir in 1/2 of whipped cream. Fold in remaining cream. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Roll pastry out on lightly floured surface to 14- by 11-inch rectangle. Cut 4 1-inch-wide strips off short side and 4 1-inch strips off long side. Transfer pastry rectangle to ungreased cookie sheet. Pierce with fork. Brush with some of egg glaze. Arrange 1 pastry strip on each edge of rectangle so outside edges meet, trimming as necessary, forming tart edges. Brush top of strips with egg glaze. Repeat with remaining pastry strips. Brush top of strips with egg and sprinkle with sugar. Bake tart 5 minutes. Pierce with fork if puffed. Continue baking until golden brown, about 20 minutes. Cool completely.
Spread cream mixture in tart. Arrange strawberries atop lemon cream in rows, cut-side down.
This recipe yields 2 to 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Stir-Fried Cabbage With Green... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spinach Lasagne Rolls 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Rum Raisin French Toast 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Rhubarb And Pear Compote 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Orange- And Lime-Marinated Lamb... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lemon-Scented Saffron Rice 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Velvet Chicken With Mushrooms,... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Raspberry, Strawberry, And Orange... 0/5 (0 Votes)