German Cream Pie
...from the kitchen of One Perfect Bite inspired by Recipe Lion
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons (heaping) flour
- 2 cups unwhipped heavy cream
- 2 stiffly beaten egg whites
- 1 9-inch unbaked pie shell
- 10 strawberries (cut in half, add 1/4 cup sugar) for topping
Adapted from oneperfectbite.blogspot.com
1) Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
2) Mix sugar and flour together. Add cream and blend well. Fold in stiffly beaten egg whites.
3) Pour in unbaked pie shell. Bake in oven for about 40 minutes until golden brown and filling sets like sets like custard. Yield: 6 to 8 servings.