Crispy Fresh Chicken
- FOR THE CHICKEN MARINADE:
- 250 grams skinless boneless breast chicken (halved)
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- FOR THE BREADING OF THE CHICKEN:
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked (use egg whites if you wish to cut down on the calories)
- 1 cup Gold Medal all purpose flour (or as needed)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- A pinch of black pepper
- 1-2 cup dried breadcrumbs (or as needed)
- 1-2 tablespoon vegetable oil
Mix together all the marinade ingredients, then marinate the chicken breasts for 10-15 minutes.
Place the flour, eggs (or egg whites), and breadcrumbs in three separate shallow dishes. Season the flour with salt and pepper.
Dip each chicken breast in flour, shaking lightly to remove the excess flour. Gently dip in the egg wash, and finally coat with breadcrumbs.
Heat oil in a frying pan, and fry the chicken breasts until golden brown (for about 2-3 minutes on each side or until cooked through).