Cheesy Corn Dip
- 2 1/2 cups corn (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated, divided
- 1/2 cup monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 white onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 green onions, minced
- 1 jalapeño, seeds removed, minced, optional
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cayenne pepper, or to taste, optional
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Tortilla chips
Adapted from 12tomatoes.com
Preheat oven to 350º F.
Melt butter in a large pan or skillet over medium-high heat and sauté onion for 5-7 minutes, or until softened.
Add corn and cook for another 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until golden brown.
Season generously with salt and pepper, then sprinkle in cayenne, if using. Stir together and add minced jalapeño and garlic. Cook for 1 minute, or until fragrant.
In a large bowl, mix together mayonnaise, sour cream, 1/2 cup cheddar cheese and monterey jack.
Fold in sautéed vegetables, then transfer mixture to a 8-inch baking dish (or pie dish). Top with remaining cheddar cheese.
Place in oven and bake for 15 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly and just beginning to brown.
Remove from oven and serve with tortilla chips or fresh veggies. Enjoy!