- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1-2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 potato, peeled and diced
- 1/2 sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 6 corn cobs
- 1 quart vegetable or chicken stock
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes
- chopped fresh parsley and freshly ground pepper, to garnish
1. Saute the onion and garlic in the oil for 5 minutes in a large saucepan. Add the celery, carrot, potato and sweet potato, and saute an additional 5 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, boil the corn cobs in a large pot of salted water for 5 minutes. Remove the cobs, reserving 1 cup of the cooking water. Use a knife to cut the kernels from the cobs.
3. Add the corn kernels, stock, chili and reserved cooking water to the vegetables in the pan. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 20 minutes or until the vegetables are soft. Puree the soup to the desired consistency.
Serve garnished with chopped parsley and freshly ground pepper