Chicken Parm Dippers
Your go-to Italian favorite is now a fun finger food.
- 1 1/2 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced into tenders
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 c. panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 c. grated Parmesan
- 2 large eggs
- 2 c. all-purpose flour
- Canola oil, for frying
- 1 c. shredded mozzarella
- 2 c. marinara sauce
- 2 tbsp. thinly sliced fresh basil
Adapted from delish.com
1. On a large plate season chicken with salt and pepper. Meanwhile prepare breading station with 3 large mixing bowls: 1 bowl with breadcrumbs, oregano, garlic powder and Parmesan mixed with a fork, another with eggs and 1 tablespoon water, beaten, and the third with flour. Coat each piece of chicken in flour and shake off excess, dip into egg and lastly coat in breadcrumb mixture. Repeat steps for remaining chicken and set aside on a plate.
2. Preheat oven to broil. Prepare a rimmed sheet pan with parchment paper. Meanwhile in a large cast iron skillet add 1" oil over medium-high heat. When pan is hot but not smoking add breaded chicken in batches. Cook until golden brown, about 1 to 2 minutes on each side. Transfer to sheet pan and season with salt and pepper.
3. Spread chicken tenders in a single layer and cover with mozzarella. Broil until cheese is melted and bubbling, about 3 to 5 minutes. Meanwhile warm tomato sauce in a small sauce pan.
4. Serve tenders with side dish of marinara sauce and garnish with basil.