- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 large onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 12 ounces tiny red new potatoes, each cut into 8 pieces
- 1 12 - ounce can fat-free evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups chopped fresh kale
- Crushed red pepper (optional)
1. In a large skillet cook pork, onion, and garlic over medium heat until meat is browned and onion is tender; drain off fat. Return meat mixture to skillet; add oregano, salt, and crushed red pepper. Cook for 1 minute more. Transfer to a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker. Add broth and potatoes.
2. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 6 to 8 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 to 4 hours. If using low-heat setting, turn to high-heat setting. In a small bowl combine evaporated milk and cornstarch until smooth; stir into cooker. Stir in kale. Cover and cook for 30 to 60 minutes more or until bubbly around edge of cooker. If desired, sprinkle with additional crushed red pepper.