Chipotle Chicken Bowls with Cilantro-Lime Quinoa
These Chipotle Chicken Bowls with Cilantro-Lime Quinoa make a great dinner or lunch. To pack as a lunch, simply layer into a mason jar or plastic storage container and watch your co-workers get envious.
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3/4 cups quinoa
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Zest and juice of 2 limes
- 1 1/2 cups fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 chipotle pepper, minced plus 3 tablespoons adobo sauce from a can of chipotles in adobo
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pound chicken breast, boneless, skinless, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 5 ounce packaged spinach, spring greens, or arugula
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved, if desired
- 1 avocado, peeled, diced
- 1 cup carrots, shredded
- 1 cup radishes, sliced
- 2 scallions or green onions, finely chopped
Adapted from recipes.heart.org
In a medium heavy-duty pot, add water, quinoa, and salt. Bring to a boil; cover and reduce heat to low. Cook until quinoa absorbs all the liquid, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat.
Into the quinoa, stir in the zest and juice of 2 limes and chopped cilantro.
Into a large zip-top bag, add marinade ingredients: 2 tablespoons canola oil, minced chipotle pepper, adobe sauce, honey, salt, and pepper. Add chicken breasts into the bag, making sure the chicken is well-coated with marinade. Let sit for 10 minutes (make the quinoa as you wait) or place chicken in the refrigerator to marinate for up to 24 hours.
Into a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, warm remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Add chicken breasts and marinade liquid, using tongs to frequently turn the chicken breasts to be coated in marinade. Sauté until chicken is fully cooked, around 4 to 6 minutes depending on thickness. Remove from heat. When chicken has cooled slightly, transfer chicken to cutting board to chop into bite-size pieces. Then, transfer remaining liquid from pan into a small bowl; stir vinegar into the liquid to use as a dressing.
To assemble, add the greens into the bottom of each bowl. Divide quinoa and chicken among each bowl, along with tomatoes, avocado, carrots, radishes, and scallions. Drizzle with the dressing and serve.
You'll also love
- Pork Shumai Meatballs 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Sambuseh With Lentils & Potatoes 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Warm Mushroom Salad With Bacon,... 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Coconut Beef Curry 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Yellow Fried Chicken Larasa 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Apple Walnut Salad 4/5 (2 Votes)
- lemon bars using sweetened... 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Lemon Curd - Ina Garten 4/5 (3 Votes)