Spicy Steak And Corn Soft Tacos
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium red onion sliced
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- 1/2 pound round, flank or skirt steak cut 1/4"-thk
- long narrow strips
- 3/4 cup frozen whole kernel corn cooked according
- to package directions, drained
- 1 jalapeño chili minced with seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- Corn or flour tortillas
- Grated cheddar cheese
- Chopped fresh tomatoes
- Sour cream
Heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and bell pepper and saute until tender, about 10 minutes. Transfer to plate.
Add steak to skillet and stir until no longer pink, about 1 minute. Return onion and pepper to skillet. Add corn, jalapeño, cumin and chili powder and stir until heated through. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
Remove from heat and mix in cilantro. Transfer steak mixture to heated bowl and keep warm.
Cook tortillas over gas flame or electric burner until they just begin to color. Transfer to napkin-lined basket.
Serve tortillas, steak mixture, cheese, tomatoes and sour cream separately, so diners can assemble tacos at the table.
This recipe yields 2 servings; can be doubled or tripled.