Scalloped Potatoes au Gratin
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 pounds russet potatoes, peeled and sliced into 1/8-inch slices
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar
- 1/2 cup shredded gruyere cheese
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 55mins
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
Melt the butter in a large pot over medium-high heat.
Add the onions and saute until softened and beginning to brown.
Add the garlic and continue cooking 1 minute longer.
Stir in the cream, broth and thyme, and season with the salt and pepper.
Add the potatoes and bring to a simmer.
Continue cooking until the potatoes are fork-tender, 10 to 15 minutes.
Transfer the potatoes and cream to a shallow baking dish. Sprinkle the cheeses evenly over the potatoes. Bake until bubbly and the surface begins to brown, 15 to 20 minutes. Let sit 10 minutes before serving.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Basil Zucchini... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pork & green chili soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- ORANGE CREAM PROTEIN SHAKE 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Paleo Steak Salad with Creamy... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Campbells Seafood Tomato Alfredo 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Doone’s Clam Chowder ala Ivar’s 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sous Vide Mashed Potatoes with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- JeJu Island Shrimp 0/5 (0 Votes)