Spaghetti With Olive Oil, Garlic And Anchovies
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 large garlic cloves minced
- 1 can anchovy fillets - (1 3/4 to 2 oz) drained, chopped
- 8 ounces spaghetti
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- Chopped fresh Italian parsley
- Freshly-grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
Heat oil in heavy small skillet over low heat. Add garlic and cook 2 minutes. Add anchovies and cook until garlic just begins to color, 3 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook spaghetti in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite, stirring occasionally. Drain well. Return spaghetti to pot. Add oil mixture and lemon juice and toss to coat. Season with pepper.
Divide between plates. Sprinkle generously with parsley. Serve, passing Parmesan separately if desired.
This recipe yields 2 servings; can be doubled or tripled.