Thai Chicken and Coconut Soup
- 1 quart chicken stock
- 1 Tbsp sliced lemongrass
- 1 Tbsp grated fresh galangal (you can sub 1 Tbsp fresh grated ginger)
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 3 fresh red Thai chilies, deseeded and sliced
- 4 kaffir lime leaves, sliced finely
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp fish sauce
- 1 lb chicken thigh fillets, sliced thinly
- 2 spring onions, chopped finely
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro leaves
1. Heat stock in large saucepan. Add the lemongrass, galangal, garlic, chilies, lime leaves and turmeric and simmer for 10-15 minutes until fragrant.
2. Sir in the coconut milk and fish sauce, and bring to a boil. Add chicken and simmer, uncovered, for about 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and soup liquid reduced slightly.
3. Just before serving, stir in spring onions, lime juice and chopped cilantro.