Linguine with Escarole & Shrimp
- 8 ounces whole-wheat linguine
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 pound peeled and deveined raw shrimp, (16-20 per pound)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, plus more to taste
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 16 cups thinly sliced escarole, (2-3 heads) or chard leaves
- 1/4 cup clam juice, or water (see Shopping Tip)
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 6 lemon wedges, for garnish
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook linguine until just tender, 8 to 10 minutes or according to package directions.
2.Meanwhile, heat 3 teaspoons oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add shrimp, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and cook until pink and curled, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
3.Add garlic and the remaining 1 teaspoon oil to the pan and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 15 seconds. Add wine and cook until reduced by half, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in tomatoes. Add escarole (or chard) in handfuls, stirring until it wilts before adding more; cook, stirring occasionally, until the greens are tender, 5 to 6 minutes. Whisk clam juice (or water) and cornstarch in a small bowl then add to the pan; simmer until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes. Return the shrimp and any accumulated juices to the pan, add lemon juice, the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper and cook until heated through, about 1 minute.
4.Drain the linguine and return it to the pot. Add the sauce; toss to coat. Serve with lemon wedges.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (814 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (738 Votes)
- Buffalo Ranch Alfredo Pasta 4.5/5 (687 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (666 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (489 Votes)
- Crock Pot Ravioli Casserole 4.5/5 (475 Votes)
- Famous Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (469 Votes)