Bourbon Banana Bread
This delicious banana bread spiked with a little bourbon is super moist and dense. Adding a sweet bourbon glaze puts it over the top!
- 6 tablespoons bourbon or dark rum
- 1 1/4 cups unbleached all purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 medium sized, ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon bourbon
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 75mins
Adapted from foodnetwork.com
Heat the bourbon in a small saucepan for about two minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
Butter and flour a 9x5-inch loaf pan or line it with parchment paper.
Preheat the oven to 325°F.
Whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt in a medium sized bowl.
In the bowl of your stand mixer (or a large bowl) mix together the melted butter and sugar. Beat well until blended. Beat in the eggs one at a time. Then add in the mashed bananas, cooled bourbon, and vanilla extract.
Add the flour mixture in thirds to the wet mixture. Stirring gently after each bit. DO NOT OVER MIX.
Pour the mixture into the prepared loaf pan and bake on a middle rack in the oven for about one hour. Bake for less time if you are baking on convection.
Check its doneness with a toothpick. It should come out fairly clean, but it is ok if it looks a little sticky. This is a very dense and moist bread!
Place the loaf pan on a cooling rack.
Whisk together the bourbon and powdered sugar until thick and smooth. Once the bread is cooled and removed from the pan, drizzle the glaze over the top of the bread. The bread tastes even better the second
You'll also love
- Scalloped Corn & Broccoli 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Mandarin Orange Pretzel Dessert 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Christmas Tree Surprise Cake 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Jalapeño Popper Potato Gratin 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Triple Berry Cheesecake Cobbler 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Shiitake & Roasted Red Pepper Puff... 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Peanut Butter Cream Filled Donuts 4.5/5 (21 Votes)
- Raspberry Pastries 4.5/5 (21 Votes)