Southwest Turkey Burgers
- 10 ounces ground turkey
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions plus
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 6 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons minced canned chipotle chilies
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 flour tortillas - (9" to 10" dia)
- 4 tablespoons purchased guacamole
- Purchased fresh salsa as needed
Gently mix turkey, 1/2 cup green onions, 4 tablespoons cilantro, chipotle chilies, and cumin in medium bowl. Form into two 7-inch-long by 2 1/2-inch-wide patties. (Can be made 8 hours ahead. Cover and chill.)
Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat). Grill burgers until cooked through, about 5 minutes per side. Wrap tortillas in foil; grill until heated through. Unwrap tortillas; transfer to 2 plates.
Spread 2 tablespoons guacamole down center of each tortilla. Place burgers atop guacamole. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons green onions and 2 tablespoons cilantro. Fold each tortilla to partially enclose burger. Serve with salsa.
This recipe yields 2 servings; can be doubled.