Shrimp and Grits
- 4 cups water
- Salt and pepper
- ??? 1/2 tsp. Cajun seasoning ???
- 1 cup stone-ground grits
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- ?? 1/4 cup heavy cream ??
- 1 lb. shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 3 slices bacon, chopped
- 1/4 cup beer
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 4 tsp. lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. chopped parsley
- 1 cup thinly sliced scallions
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
Grits: Bring water to boil, add salt/pepper, add grits and cook until water is absorbed, 20 - 25 min. Remove from heat and stir in butter and cheese.
Shrimp: Rinse shrimp and pat dry. Fry bacon in large skillet until browned, remove from pan, drain pan. Add shrimp, beer, olive oil, cook until shrimp turns pink. Add lemon juice, bacon, parsley, scallions and garlic. Saute for 3 min.
Spoon grits into serving bowl. Add shrimp mixture and mix well. Serve immediately.