Cheesy Baked Chicken
Tired of the same old chicken dishes? Try this delicious Cheesy Baked Chicken recipe. Mustard with a perfect, creamy cheese sauce is what makes this chicken recipe stand out from the rest. Give it a try, your family will be happy you did!
- 6 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- 1 1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary.
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from recipe.12tomatoes.com
Preheat oven to 375ºF.
Season chicken breasts generously with salt and pepper and place in a large baking dish.
Cover with aluminum foil, place in oven and bake for 20 minutes.
In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat and whisk in flour. Cook roux for 2 minutes, stirring constantly, or until smooth, paste-like, and golden in color.
Remove pan from heat and gradually whisk in whole milk until smooth. Return to heat and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat to low and let sauce simmer for 5-7 minutes, or until thickened.
Stir in cheeses, mustard and garlic powder, and season with salt and pepper.
Remove chicken from oven and evenly pour sauce over the top.
Remove from oven, serve hot and enjoy!