Shrimp With Snow Peas
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon dry white wine
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp peeled, deveined, and butterflied
- 1 tablespoon catsup
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves minced
- 2 teaspoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 24 snow peas strings removed
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch dissolved in
- 2 tablespoons water
Combine egg white, 1 tablespoon cornstarch and wine in medium bowl. Add shrimp and stir to coat. Let stand 30 minutes. Combine catsup, soy sauce and sugar in small bowl. Set aside.
Heat oil in wok or heavy large skillet over high heat. Add onion, garlic and ginger and stir-fry until onion and garlic begin to brown, about 3 minutes. Stir shrimp; add and stir-fry until shrimp are just opaque, about 2 minutes. Add dissolved cornstarch and stir until sauce thickens.
This recipe yields 4 appetizer servings.