Salmon Burgers With Dill Tartar Sauce
- 10 ounces skinless salmon fillet cut into 1" pieces
- 3 tablespoons purchased tartar sauce plus
- 1/2 cup purchased tartar sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 sesame-seed rolls split
- Red onion slices
- 4 Bibb lettuce leaves
Place salmon fillets, 3 tablespoons tartar sauce, 1 tablespoon dill, salt, and pepper in processor. Blend using on/off turns until coarsely ground. Form into two 1/2-inch-thick patties. (Can be made 6 hours ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)
Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat). Whisk 1/2 cup tartar sauce, 1 tablespoon dill, and lemon peel in medium bowl to blend. Grill rolls until toasted. Transfer to 2 plates and spread bottom halves generously with sauce.
Grill patties until fish is cooked through, about 2 minutes per side. Place burgers atop sauce on rolls. Top each with onion slices, 2 lettuce leaves, and top half of roll. Serve, passing remaining sauce separately.
This recipe yields 2 servings; can be doubled.