Cheese Fondue with Weirdly Great Dippers
What pairs well with cheese? That would be make a great dipper for this cheese fondue! Try some of these interesting dippers with this basic fondue recipe.
- 12 ounces gruyere cheese, shredded, about 4 cups
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded, about 1 cup
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 clove garlic, halved
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg, optional
- Assorted dippers, for serving
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 30mins
Toss the cheeses with the flour in a bowl. Rub the inside of a saucepan with the cut sides of the garlic; discard the garlic.
Whisk the wine, lemon juice and mustard in the saucepan and bring to a gentle simmer over medium heat. Add half of the cheese mixture and stir with a wooden spoon until melted. Add the remaining cheese mixture and stir until smooth; add the nutmeg.
Continue to cook, stirring, 2 more minutes. Transfer to a fondue pot or slow cooker to keep warm. Serve with your choice of dippers.
Try these unlikely dippers:
Pearl onions (blanched)
Mini hot dogs
Butternut squash (roasted)
Corn on the cob
You'll also love
- Valentine’s Day Grilled Cheese 4.5/5 (26 Votes)
- Refreshing Cucumber-Watermelon... 4.5/5 (26 Votes)
- Red Velvet Chex Party Mix 4.5/5 (26 Votes)
- Salami & Cream Cheese Roll Ups 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Warm Artichoke Olive Dip 4.7/5 (9 Votes)
- Reindeer Poop 4.4/5 (28 Votes)
- Bacon Jalapeño Cheese Ball 4.3/5 (35 Votes)