Rosemary-Pesto Lamb Rack
- 1/2 cup parsley leaves and stems - (packed)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary plus
- Additional rosemary sprigs for garnish
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 pounds rack of lamb
Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 450 degrees. Place parsley, chopped rosemary, grated Parmesan cheese and garlic in processor. Process to coarse paste. With machine running, gradually add olive oil. Season pesto to taste with salt and pepper.
Place lamb on small rimmed baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Spread all pesto over rounded side of lamb. Roast 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 400 degrees and roast to desired doneness, about 15 minutes longer for medium-rare.
Cut lamb between bones into chops. Divide chops between 2 plates; garnish with rosemary sprigs.
This recipe yields 2 servings; can be doubled.