Roasted Broccoli & Cauliflower with Queso Cotija Sauce
The lime - orange juice adds a great citrus flavor and the dressing would be awesome on just about anything! I'll be making this again to share with family and friends.
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 3 chopped chiles de arbol or 1 generous teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup olive oil plus more for brushing
- 1 teaspoon kosher or coarse sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 pounds broccoli cut into 1/4-inch vertical slices, including thick part of stem
- 2 pounds cauliflower cut into 1/4-inch vertical slices, including thick part of stem
- 1/2 cup crumbled queso cotija
- 2/3 cup Mexican crema
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons sherry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or coarse sea salt or to taste
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 50mins
Adapted from patijinich.com
Preheat oven to 475°F.
Mix the lime juice, orange juice, olive oil, chile de arbol, 1 teaspoon salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Brush 2 large baking sheets with olive oil. Place the broccoli and cauliflower on each baking sheet, making sure that it is well spread out and not crowded. Evenly pour the orange juice mixture all over the vegetables.
Place in the oven and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, flipping once in between, until well roasted and considerably charred. Remove from the oven.
In the jar of the blender, combine the queso cotija, Mexican crema, vegetable oil, sherry vinegar, water, garlic, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Puree until smooth.
Serve the broccoli and cauliflower in an extended platter and ladle the queso cotija right on top, or let your guests spoon sauce onto their plates and dip their vegetables in the sauce to their liking.
You'll also love
- Smoky Barbecued Beef Brisket... 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Tomato Basil Soup 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- 3-Ingredient Sweet and Smokey... 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Vegan Cornbread 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Peanut-Broccoli Stir-fry 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Cranberry-Almond Broccoli Salad 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Onion Charlotte 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Cauliflower Casserole 4.3/5 (3 Votes)