Spinach-Curry Crepes with Apple, Raisins, & Chickpeas
Yum! These delicious and savory spinach-curry crepes are tinted with a light sweetness from the apples and golden raisins. Serve crepes with lemon wedges at any breakfast or brunch spread and watch as they are devoured up. These savory breakfast or brunch treats are sure to be a hit at your next celebration.
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 1/2 cups 1% milk
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons safflower oil
- 3/4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 can (15.5-ounce) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 granny smith apple, diced
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons madras curry powder
- 10 ounces fresh spinach
- Lemon wedges, for serving
Preparation time 40mins
Cooking time 60mins
Adapted from prevention.com
In blender, puree eggs, cilantro, pepper, 1 cup each of the milk and flour, 2 tablespoons of the oil, and 1/4 teaspoon of the salt.
Lightly coat 10" nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Pour 1/3 cup batter into pan evenly and cook until edges set, 1 minute. Flip and cook 30 seconds. Repeat for remaining crepes. Cover to keep warm.
Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook until soft, 5 minutes. Add chickpeas, apple, raisins, and curry powder. Cook 3 minutes. Stir in remaining 2 tablespoons flour and cook 30 seconds. Stir in remaining 1 1/2 cups milk. Cook until thick, 2 minutes. Add spinach and remaining 1/2 tsp salt. Cook until wilted, 2 minutes. Divide among crepes, fold each in half, and serve with lemon wedges.
You'll also love
- Chicken Portuguese Style 5/5 (3 Votes)
- Green Bean Casserole 5/5 (3 Votes)
- Chicken Pot Pie 5/5 (3 Votes)
- Antipasto Salad 5/5 (3 Votes)
- Grilled Calamari & Arugula Salad 5/5 (3 Votes)
- Strawberry Scones 4.5/5 (36 Votes)
- Roasted Carrot Salad with Arugula,... 5/5 (3 Votes)
- Hashbrown Egg Nests 5/5 (3 Votes)