White Bean & Parmesan Soup
The Parmesan really shines through in this dish, add to that some tomatoes, lemon zest and spinach for more depth of flavor and bright colors resulting in a gorgeously delicious and healthy satisfying soup!
- 1 package poultry herb mix (5 sprigs each sage, rosemary, and thyme)
- 4 cups dried white beans (1 1/2 pounds) soaked 8 hours or overnight
- 8 cups water
- 4 cups unsalted vegetable stock
- 6 ounces Parmesan cheese rinds
- 1 yellow onion, halved vertically
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 5 cups baby spinach (about 6-ounces)
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 ounces Parmesan cheese, grated (about 1/2 cup)
- 3 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 585mins
Tie together poultry herb mix with kitchen twine.
Place soaked beans, herbs, water, stock, cheese rinds, and onion halves in a large Dutch oven, and bring to a boil over high. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and simmer 1 hour.
Stir in salt; cover and simmer until beans are very tender, 30 to 45 more minutes. Remove and discard rinds, or reserve for another use. Stir in spinach, tomatoes, zest, and pepper. Simmer, uncovered, until greens are wilted, 3 to 4 minutes. Spoon into shallow bowls. Top with grated Parmesan and chopped parsley.
You'll also love
- Blueberry Basil Bones-Dog Treats 5/5 (4 Votes)
- A Warm Pan of Chickpeas, Chorizo... 5/5 (4 Votes)
- Banana Pecan Brûlée Oatmeal For... 5/5 (4 Votes)
- Chocolate Bomb Pudding Shots 4.4/5 (51 Votes)
- Fried Ravioli 4.5/5 (44 Votes)
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake 4.6/5 (40 Votes)
- Black-Eyed Pea and Ham Dip 5/5 (4 Votes)
- Chicken and Wild Rice 5/5 (3 Votes)