Appetizer - Ham & Cheese Pinwheels
These golden little pinwheel pastry puffs are swirled with crispy ham, gooey cheese and a smidgin of Dijon mustard. Super easy to make and delicious, they make a great snack or fancy appetizer.
- 2sheets2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed overnight in the refrigerator
- 3tablespoons3 tablespoons Dijon mustard, divided
- 12thin slices12 thin slices good-quality deli ham (about 10 ounces)
- 2cups2 cups gruyere, Swiss, fontina, sharp cheddar, or similar melty cheese, freshly grated
- Fresh parsley, thyme, or chives, chopped (optional, for serving)
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 40mins
Lay a large piece of plastic wrap on your counter (I pressed two long sheets together at the edges to create a single larger sheet). Unfold the first sheet of puff pastry in the center of the plastic, then roll it into a 10x12-inch rectangle. Spread with 1 1/2 tablespoons mustard, leaving a 1/2-inch border on all sides. Lay 6 ham slices on top, overlapping as needed. Sprinkle with 1 cup cheese.
Starting at the long (12-inch) edge, roll the puff pastry into a log. Trim the ends so that they are even, then tightly wrap the log with the plastic wrap. Place in the refrigerator for 20 minutes. Repeat with the second sheet of puff pastry and remaining mustard, ham, and cheese.
Preheat your oven to 375°F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
Once the log has chilled, using a sharp, serrated knife, carefully cut each log into 1/2-inch-wide slices. (If each log is 12 inches, you will get 24 rolls from each one). Arrange the rolls 1-inch apart on the prepared baking sheets.
Bake until the puff pastry is light golden brown and the cheese is hot and bubbly, about 18 minutes. Immediately sprinkle with chopped thyme, parsley, or chives as desired. Let cool slightly. Serve warm or at room temperature.
You'll also love
- Garlic Cheddar Biscuits 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Blueberry-Lemon Ricotta Pound Cake 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- 3-Ingredient Chocolate Truffle 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Chicken Adobo 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Pizza Burgers 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Roasted Spicy Salsa Verde 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Simple Vegetable Curry 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Overnight Turkey, Cheddar &... 4.4/5 (9 Votes)