- 4 cups sliced, peeled fresh peaches, or frozen unsweetened peach slices
- 1 recipe Oil Pastry for Double-Crust Pie (recipe follows)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 2 cups coarsely chopped fresh strawberries
- 4 tsp butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
1. Thaw peaches, if frozen. Drain peaches; set aside. Prepare pastry. Peel off top layer of waxed paper from one pastry circle. Invert into 9 inch pie plate. Remove remaining sheet of waxed paper. Ease pastry into plate without stretching it. Trim pastry to edge of pie plate. Set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 400. For filling, in bowl, combine the 1 cup sugar, flour, and tapioca. Add peaches and strawberries. Toss gently to combine. Spoon filling into pastry-lined pie plate. Dot with butter.
3. Peel one sheet of waxed paper off remaining pastry circle; carefully cut slits in pastry to allow steam to escape. Invert pastry onto filling; remove remaining sheet of waxed paper. Trim pastry to 1/2 inch beyond edge of pie plate. Fold top pastry under bottom pastry; flute edge as desired. Sprinkle with the 1 tablespoon sugar.
4. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until top is golden and filling is bubbly in center. If necessary to prevent over browning, cover edge of pie with foil during last 10 minutes of baking. Cool completely on wire rack. Makes 8 servings.
Oil Pastry for Double-Crust Pie
In medium bowl combine 2 cups all-purpose flour and 1 teaspoon salt. Pour 1/2 cup cooking oil and 1/2 cup water in measuring cup (do not stir); add all at once to flour mixture. Stir gently with fork. Divide dough in half; shape each half into a ball. Cut four 12-inch squares of waxed paper. Place each ball of dough between 2 squares of paper. Dampen work surface with a little water to prevent paper from slipping. Roll each ball of dough into a 12 inch circle.