Puffed Apple Pancakes
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butte - (1/2 stick)r melted
- 4 large eggs beaten to blend
- 3/4 cup milk (do not use lowfat or nonfat)
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 Golden Delicious apple peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar - (firmly packed)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Maple syrup, for serving
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place four 1-cup ramekins or custard cups on cookie sheet. Pour 1 tablespoon butter into each ramekin. Combine eggs, milk and flour and stir until just blended. Divide batter among ramekins.
Toss apple slices with sugar and lemon juice until coated. Arrange apple slices in spoke pattern over batter. Bake until pancakes are puffed and golden, 15 minutes. Serve with syrup.
This recipe yields 4 servings.