Pasta With Tomatoes, Pine Nuts And Basil
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 large tomatoes seeded, chopped
- 2 jars marinated artichoke hearts - (6 oz ea) drained
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano (or 1/2 tspn dried oregano, crumbled)
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 9 ounces angel hair pasta freshly cooked
- Grated Parmesan as needed
Heat oil in heavy medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add pine nuts and garlic and saute until light brown, about 3 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and next 3 ingredients and heat through. Season with salt and pepper.
Pour over pasta and toss thoroughly. Sprinkle with Parmesan. Serve immediately, passing additional Parmesan separately.
This recipe yields 4 servings.