- 1 large head broccoli (about 1 3/4 pounds)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Ground black pepper
- Lemon wedges for serving
Trim away the outer peel from the broccoli stalk, otherwise it will turn tough when cooked.
For Roasted Broccoli with Garlic, stir 1 tablespoon minced garlic into the olive oil before drizzling it over the broccoli.
1. Adjust oven rack to lowest position, place large rimmed baking sheet on rack, and heat oven to 500 degrees. Cut broccoli at juncture of florets and stems; remove outer peel from stalk. Cut stalk into 2- to 3-inch lengths and each length into 1/2-inch-thick pieces. Cut crowns into 4 wedges if 3-4 inches in diameter or 6 wedges if 4-5 inches in diameter. Place broccoli in large bowl; drizzle with oil and toss well until evenly coated. Sprinkle with salt, sugar, and pepper to taste and toss to combine.
2. Working quickly, remove baking sheet from oven. Carefully transfer broccoli to baking sheet and spread into even layer, placing flat sides down. Return baking sheet to oven and roast until stalks are well browned and tender and florets are lightly browned, 9 to 11 minutes. Transfer to serving dish and serve immediately with lemon wedges.
You'll also love
- Pappardelle with Chicken Liver,... 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Roast Pork Loin w/ Herbed... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Avocado/Apple Puree with Fresh... 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Craisin Maple Sauce for Ham Steak 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Beef - Potato - Green Bean... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- French Onion Soup, Pressure Cooker 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Crustless Salmon & Broccoli Quiche 4/5 (1 Votes)