Grilled Squid Salad with Celery Leaf Pesto
This delicious and healthy salad can easily be served as a complete meal but works wonderfully as a side too. It's made with grilled squid, pine nuts, parmesan cheese, celery leaf pesto, and onions. Yum!
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1 1/2 cups flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 3 celery ribs, thinly sliced, plus 1/2 cup celery leaves
- 2 garlic cloves
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for grilling
- 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 (15-ounce) can imported butter beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup pickled sweet peppers or cherry peppers, thinly sliced
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds small squid, cleaned
- 1/2 cup torn basil leaves
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from foodandwine.com
Light a grill. In a small skillet, toast the pine nuts over high heat until lightly browned. Transfer to a plate to cool.
In a food processor, combine 1/2 cup of the parsley with the celery leaves, garlic and pine nuts and process until minced. Add the 6 tablespoons of olive oil and the Parmesan and process until smooth. Season the pesto with salt and pepper and transfer to a large bowl.
Bring a medium saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add the celery and blanch for 30 seconds; drain. Rinse under cold water and pat dry. Add the celery, butter beans, pickled peppers, onion and the remaining 1 cup of parsley to the pesto.
In a medium bowl, toss the squid with a little olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill the squid over high heat for 5 minutes, or until charred in spots. Cut the bodies into rings; leave the tentacles whole. Add the squid to the salad and toss. Season with salt and pepper, garnish with the basil and serve.
You'll also love
- Bacon Wrapped Apple Barbecue... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Italian Beef - Shredded in Crock... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Tuna (or Swordfish)with Sweet and... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- 20 minute Honey Garlic Shrimp 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Slow-Cooker Smoked Chicken and... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Charred Squid With Ajo Blanco &... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Squid Ink Giant Raviolo 5/5 (1 Votes)