Chunky Fresh Mango Cake Recipe
I tripled the original recipe.
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 3 egg
- 1 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cup chopped peeled mango
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- Confectioners' sugar and whipped topping, optional
Adapted from tasteofhome.com
In a small bowl, beat the sugar, oil and egg until well blended.
In another bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg; gradually beat into sugar mixture and mix well.
Fold in mango and pecans.
Transfer to a greased baking pan.
Bake at 375° for 30-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
Garnish with confectioners' sugar and whipped topping if desired.