From Food Network Magazine, July/Aug 2015
- 16 medium shrimp (about 12 ounces), peeled and deveined
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay seasoning
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 dill pickle sandwich slices, chopped, plus more slices for serving
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 8 slices bacon
- 8 slices potato bread
- 4 inner Bibb lettuce leaves
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced
- Potato chips, for serving
Adapted from foodnetwork.com
1. Toss the shrimp with the lemon juice and 1 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning in a medium bowl. Whisk the sour cream, mayonnaise, chopped pickles, the remaining 1 teaspoon Old Bay and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper in a small bowl. Set aside.
2. Cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp, about 7 minutes. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate and discard all but 1 teaspoon of the fat in the skillet. Return the skillet to medium-high heat. Add the shrimp in a single layer along with the liquid. Cook, flipping the shrimp halfway through, until opaque and cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes.
3. Lightly toast the potato bread and spread each slice with the sour cream mixture. Sandwich with the lettuce, tomatoes, shrimp, pickle slices and bacon. Serve with potato chips.