Pretzel-Tailed Turkey Treats
Get your kids in the "Turkey Day" spirit with this fun and fancy recipe. With candy corn feathers and pretzel tails, these funny-faced turkeys are almost too cute to gobble up.
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 package (10 oz., about 40) JET-PUFFED Marshmallows
- 4 cups JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows
- 6 cups Kellogg's Cocoa Krispies cereal
- Assorted candies
- Kellogg's Cocoa Krispies cereal
- Pretzel twists
- Canned frosting or decorating gel
- Creamy peanut butter
- Pretzel sticks
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from ricekrispies.com
1. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
2. Add 6 cups KELLOGG'S COCOA KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated. Cool slightly. Cut warm cereal mixture into two different sized circles using two sizes of circle cookie cutters for the turkey bodies (depending on size of cutters). Cool.
3. Spread peanut butter on bottom of the smaller circular pieces; attach this to a larger circular piece to form the turkey body. Insert pretzel twists into body for tail feathers. Insert pretzel sticks for legs. Use frosting to attach candies for eyes and beak. Best if served the same day.
In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 2 and 3 above. Microwave cooking times may vary.
For best results, use fresh marshmallows.
1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow crème can be substituted for marshmallows.
Diet, reduced calorie or tub margarine is not recommended.
Store no more than two days at room temperature in airtight container. To freeze, place in single layer on wax paper in airtight container. Freeze for up to 6 weeks. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.