- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3-4 Yukon gold potatoes, peeled
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- Chopped parsley, for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C.
2. In a small pot, melt the butter and fry the garlic until it’s just starting to brown.
3. Add the flour and whisk until there are no lumps.
4. Slowly drizzle in the milk while constantly whisking to make sure the mixture is smooth.
5. Bring to a boil, then remove from heat.
6. Slice the potatoes into about ⅛-inch-thick slices, then fan them out in a small baking dish.
7. Pour the sauce on top of the potatoes, then sprinkle with Parmesan.
8. Bake for about 1 hour, until the top is bubbly and golden brown.
9. Sprinkle chopped parsley on top, then serve!