New Potato And Asparagus Salad
- 3 medium red new potatoes - (abt 17 oz) halved lengthwise
- 1 pound asparagus trimmed
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Cook potatoes in large pot of boiling water until just tender, about 20 minutes. Drain and cool slightly.
Cook asparagus in large pot of boiling salted water until just crisp-tender, about 8 minutes. Drain. Refresh under cold water.
Cut potatoes into wedges. Cut asparagus into 1 1/2-inch pieces. Toss vegetables together in large bowl.
Combine mustard and lemon juice in small bowl. Gradually whisk in oil. Pour over vegetables. Add chives and toss to coat. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Serve salad warm or at room temperature.
This recipe yields 2 servings; can be doubled or tripled.