- 1/2 cup frozen strawberries in syrup thawed
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 4 tablespoons amaretto liqueur or brandy
- 3 ounces bittersweet - (not unsweetened), chopped (or semisweet chocolate)
- 1/4 cup whipping cream, plus
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1 pint strawberry ice cream
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- 1 pint chocolate chocolate chip ice cream
- 1 basket strawberries sliced
- Whipped cream for serving
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds toasted
- Chocolate sprinkles for serving
- 4 maraschino cherries with stems drained
Puree frozen strawberries with 1/2 cup fresh strawberries in processor. Transfer to small bowl. Stir in 1 tablespoon amaretto.
Melt chocolate with whipping cream in heavy small saucepan over low heat, stirring until mixture is smooth. Stir in remaining 3 tablespoons amaretto. Cool mixture to lukewarm.
Spoon 1/4 cup chocolate sauce into each of 4 sundae dishes. Scoop some of each ice cream into each dish. Spoon some of strawberry sauce over. Top with sliced strawberries and dollop of whipped cream. Sprinkle sliced almonds and chocolate sprinkles over. Top each sundae with maraschino cherries and serve.
This recipe yields 4 servings.